CHICAGO (June 4, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that Hyatt and Lindblad Expeditions, a global provider of expedition cruises and adventure travel experiences, have formed a new loyalty collaboration that will provide World of Hyatt members with more unique ways to be rewarded for their loyalty beyond the traditional hotel stay. This new collaboration will give members the opportunity to immerse themselves in some of the world’s wonders in hard-to-reach locations, all while earning and redeeming World of Hyatt points. This loyalty collaboration is expected to launch later this year.
“Our members tell us they want to return from a trip having experienced something new. They see traveling as a way to experience other people, places and cultures and desire authentic, expansive and real-world experiences,” said Amy Weinberg, senior vice president, World of Hyatt. “Through this new relationship with Lindblad Expeditions, World of Hyatt members will soon be able to enjoy even more personalized adventures and distinct, educational experiences that satisfy their desire to experience something new while enhancing their wellbeing and providing opportunities to discover rare parts of the planet – all while being specially rewarded with World of Hyatt loyalty benefits.”
“Hyatt has long been known as one of the most innovative companies in the hospitality industry, and we are thrilled to be collaborating with them and to be able to offer World of Hyatt members the opportunity to travel to some of the world’s most pristine and remote geographies,” stated Philip Auerbach, Chief Commercial Officer, Lindblad Expeditions. “For over 50 years we have been pioneering travel to the far-flung corners of the globe, from bringing the first ever tourists to Antarctica in 1966 and the Galapagos in 1967, to being the first company to bring tourists through the Northwest Passage in 1984, all with the belief that exposing people to the wonders of these places causes them to become lifelong advocates for the people, places and wildlife they have encountered. We are very pleased to be able to extend that tradition to the World of Hyatt family, giving members an opportunity to travel to new places, and in new ways.”
World of Hyatt continues to focus on delivering experiences that support Hyatt’s three landmarks of wellbeing: Feel, Fuel and Function. Through Lindblad Expeditions’ photography experiences, wildlife encounters, renowned naturalists and experts, and group travel outings, World of Hyatt members will be able to enhance their personal wellbeing while deeply exploring the natural environments and gaining a new perspective of their surroundings.
Providing access to over 300 expedition trips per year, Lindblad Expeditions’ ships are built to hold between 28 and 148 guests and scaled to explore some of the most naturally remarkable destinations on earth, including Arctic Svalbard, Antarctica, Alaska, Galapagos, Baja California, Costa Rica, Panama, the Amazon, Mediterranean, New Zealand, Africa, British Isles, and more.
This forthcoming strategic loyalty collaboration will allow all World of Hyatt members to enjoy the following loyalty benefits on Lindblad expeditions booked through Hyatt:
Earning and Redemption:
- Members will earn five Base Points per $1 USD of eligible spend, not including incidentals
- Members will receive their standard elite tier Bonus Points on eligible spend
- Members will be able to redeem points to use for complimentary expeditions
- Members of all tiers will be rewarded with a $250 on-board credit to use during their expedition on spa services, alcoholic beverages, specific excursions or classes, souvenirs or supplies, and more
- Members will receive elite tier qualifying night credits for eligible nights on a Lindblad expedition
- Members will be able to purchase specially curated Lindblad Expedition experiences through FIND
In addition, starting June 4, 2019, World of Hyatt members will have the opportunity to experience Lindblad Expeditions through the World of Hyatt FIND experience platform. Members can bid on two limited-time Lindblad Expeditions through FIND auctions using their World of Hyatt points:
- Auction 1: Five-day wild California escape at Channel Islands National Park, plus accommodations and a culinary experience at Andaz West Hollywood in California
- Auction 2: A photography excursion and education in New York City alongside Ralph Lee Hopkins, Director of Expedition Photography for Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic photographer, and two-night accommodations at Andaz Wall Street in New York City
This forthcoming loyalty collaboration quickly follows the launch of World of Hyatt’s most recent loyalty initiatives, providing World of Hyatt members extended ways to engage in new places globally. This includes the launch of Hyatt and American Airlines’ loyalty collaboration, Hyatt’s expanding strategic alliance with Small Luxury Hotels of the World™, and the integration of former Two Roads Hospitality brands, including Thompson Hotels and Joie de Vivre Hotels, with Alila and Destination Hotels to follow soon.