To address the challenging situation caused by a global pandemic of Covid-19, Tourist Guide Association of Nepal – TURGAN has requested the government to address issues of tour guides involved in the tourism industry in Nepal.
- The demands being raised by TURGAN to the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation- MoCTCA of the Government of Nepal are :
1. As coronavirus’s impact on tourism, the government should engage tour guides based on their education and expertise in different national projects and programs.
- The authorities should organize programs and allocate a fund to enhance the knowledge and capacity of the registered tour guides.
- The government allows registered tour guides to a loan of one million Rupees at a nominal rate without collateral on the recommendation of TURGAN.
4. The government suspends the program of new tour guides for three years to protect the livelihood of the existing tour guides.
- The government ensures each tour guide with insurance of 1.5 million Rupees.
- The government guarantees to include tour guides to the social security fund.
- The government announces two years of capacity building of tour guides and conducts a series of free refreshment training.
- As a part of the tourism industry, representatives of TURGAN is included in monitoring and research visits of the government.
- Tour guides are included in the sightseeing programs of foreign dignitaries visiting Nepal.
Tourist Guide Association of Nepal- TURGAN
other good reads relating COVID-19 and tourism Industry of Nepal.
COVID 19: IMPACT ON THE TOURISM TRANSPORT SECTOR
COVID 19 AND IT’S IMPACT ON TOURISM INDUSTRY NEPAL
COVID-19 AND HOTEL INDUSTRY OF NEPAL
COVID 19 IMPACT ON STOL SECTOR OF NEPAL AVIATION
THE RESTAURANT SCENARIO AMID COVID-19