Special evening admission to Gyeongbokgung Palace will begin starting April 26. Evening admission will be available on the third and fourth week of each month from April 26 to October 31, except during the month of August.
The special evening admission shows the beauty of Gyeongbokgung Palace at night. The Royal Culture Festival(held at the Five Royal Palaces and Jongmyo Shrine), running until May 5, provides visitors with even more activities and events to enjoy. Various evening programs are planned such as Gyeonghoeru Pavilion Fantasy, a stunning dance performance that will be held from April 28 to May 5, while traditional music concerts will be held from April 27 to May 4.
Free entrance to the evening admission will be held on the opening night of April 26. For days after the opening night, foreigners will be able to purchase the tickets on-site on a first-come, first-served basis with a maximum of 500 people a day.
For a chance to receive a free ticket to the evening admission, first follow the approved hanbok guideline (Korean only, for inquiries call +82-2-3700-3900) to the palace and sign up for a free ticket at the Auction or Interpark websites. Visitors who signed up can pick up their ticket at the box office. Reservations can be made at the Auction and Interpark websites starting 14:00 on April 12. Reservations for free admission wearing hanbok for May to October will be announced on the official Gyeongbokgung Palace website at a later date.
☞ Period & operating hours: April 26 – October 31, 2019 Last 2 weeks of every month
* Detailed schedule
– April: April 26 – May 5 / 19:00-21:30
– May: May 19 – June 1 / 19:00-21:30
– June: June 16 – 29 / 19:30-22:00
– July: July 21 – August 3 / 19:30-22:00
– September: September 12-15 (Chuseok holiday period), September 22 – October 5 / 19:00-21:30
– October: October 20 – 31 /19:00-21:30
* Last admission 1 hour before closing
* Palace closed Tuesdays
☞ Address: 161, Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 종로구 사직로 161)
☞ Directions: Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 5. Walk approx. 4 min.
☞ Admission fee: 3,000 won
* Children under the age of 6 enter free
* Only on-site ticket purchase available
* Free daytime admission on last Wednesday of every month (night admission not included)
☞ Inquiries: +82-2-3700-3900 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
– Gyeongbokgung Palace: www.royalpalace.go.kr (Korean, English)
– Royal Culture Festival: www.royalculturefestival.org (Google translate available)
* Registration for free admission when wearing hanbok
* Tickets open at 14:00 on April 12
– Auction: www.auction.co.kr (Korean only)
– Interpark: www.interpark.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
Information courtesy of Cultural Heritage Administration