Veranda is partnering with Las Vegas-based Able Baker Brewing Company to host a beer-pairing dinner on Friday, May 3, 2019 coinciding with the release of the new PRESS beer at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas.
“Able Baker is the perfect partner for our PRESS signature beer, with their emphasis on premium craft beers using fresh ingredients and bold flavours,” says Chef de Cuisine Joel Ott. “Their unique blends pay homage to Nevada’s roots as a nuclear testing site and state history. Our pairing dinner departs from Veranda’s modern Italian menu to highlight American favourites ideal for complementing the beer selections.”
The evening begins at 6:00 pm with a patio reception, and continues with a five-course tasting menu showcasing Chef Ott’s culinary creativity combined with local craft beer pairings.
The complete menu is as follows:
- Hawaiian big eye tuna sashimi, olive and sesame emulsion, passionfruit, paired with Test Site Saison
- Stout-braised mushroom pie, Swiss gruyere mornay sauce, caramelised onions, paired with Chris Kael Impale’d Ale
- Jumbo lump crab and artichoke fritter, spicy eggplant sofrito, honey-lime-cilantro salad, paired with PRESS IPA
- 12-hour braised pork belly, beer-braised red cabbage, sour cherry glaze, paired with Swimming with Debré
- Mandarin parfait, Cointreau-infused brownie, chocolate sorbet, paired with A119 Imperial Stout
The Able Baker beer-pairing dinner is offered on Friday, May 3, 2019 at a cost of USD 65 per person. For reservations, call Veranda at 702 632 5121.
Able Baker derives its name its name from the first two atomic bombs detonated at the Nevada Test Site. These two test explosions were codenamed after the military’s phonetic alphabet of the time, making them tests “Able” and “Baker.” The experimentation at the Nevada Test Site led to the refining of the atomic bomb and the ushering in of the Nuclear Age. This was a notable time in Nevada as atomic blast viewing parties were commonplace and several Miss Atomic beauty queens were crowned. The Atomic Age influences the brewery’s artwork and concepts and pays homage to Nevada’s unique state history.